Monday, October 18, 2010

External Colour Selections

Ok so seeing as the exterior of the house is starting to come together I though it about time I wrote a post outlining our (my) colour choices ;)


Our bricks are by Austral and are called 'Orpheus', from the Whitsunday range (with off white ironed mortar):
I wanted flushed mortar but was told at Studio M this wasn't possible with these bricks - not sure why when it states on Austral's literature flushed is suitable for these bricks.. oh well.


















Our roof tiles are Bristile Classic in Coal :




Our guttering and water tank will be Colorbond Dune:





Our fascia, windows, eaves and eave lining will be Colorbond Surfmist:





The bulk of the cladding around the house will be pained in Dulux Dreyfus:




The cladding around the balcony off the master suite will be painted Dulux Grey Pebble:



The garage door will be Timberlook Caoba:



The front door, timber sliding doors and timber windows in the master suite will be stained in Intergrain Merbau.


So overall I was going for a neutral palette that wouldn't date quickly with a brown/grey colour scheme.


Its hard to get a good indication of colours via photos - some look so different up close and personal!

Happy Monday everyone!



4 comments:

  1. Love it, it all looks great - I'm a big fan of neutral!!

    What did you go for for your garage door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren - I love a neutral colour scheme!

    The garage door is the last pic ;) I couldn't find a good pic of the Merbau stain but i think most people know its a darkish stain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Great work.. its really amazing..
    Merbau Decking Timber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to pick pretty much these colours for my new build. I would love to see how these colours turned out. Are there any pictures of your house?

    ReplyDelete