Well is seems our site has experienced an Easter Shutdown this week.
Absolutely NOTHING happened on site this week - yeah its a short week but four days is plenty of time to have achieved something (ANYTHING!) on our house.
Guess what the hold up is THIS time?
The carpenter ran out of Tasmanian Oak boards for the Outdoor Room ceiling. And Metricon's supplier has run out of the boards. Seems to be an ongoing theme with our build doesn't it?
No idea why the multitude of other things still to be done didn't happen however.
Here is a list (probably not exhaustive - just my layman's observations) of items still to be done (as much for my own records as the blogs):
- Front steps incomplete
- Portico ceiling still to be fixed
- Garage door to be fitted
- water tank (after handover??) to be installed
- hot water system to be fitter (after handover??)
- step into garage to be finished properly
- external and internal painting & staining to be finished
- bricks spot cleaned
- entire site clean
- house clean (interior)
- front door glass to be reglazed (or door replaced) to reflect contract (translucent glass paid for)
- laundry cabinet doors to be refixed
- patch wall in laundry
- patch holes in toilets where carpenters attempted to fix toilet roll holders and missed
- tilers to finish in laundry (after wall patched up)
- rectify the fact that I can see daylight out of one corner of the kitchen splashback window
- add extra shelves to pantry
- extra shelf to walk in linen
- powder room door handle to be fitted
- outdoor room ceiling to be finished
- master balcony - 2 panels of 'matrix' cladding chipped in corners
- kitchen cabinet doors replaced (have been sitting on slab for over a month now - scratched)
- flyscreens fitted
- shower screens fitted
- mirrors fitted
- deadlocks on 2 doors not fitted
- dent in roof over study to be rectified
- electricians to finish fit off
I bet there are more items to be added to that too..
I am fast running out of patience with the bad management of trades, resources and deliveries, the lies and continual missed deadlines.
Next week is week 35 of the build. According to our SS, he was under the impression the build time is 32+5 weeks for Xmas shutdown. That makes it 37 weeks.
At this rate we will be lucky to have PCI inside 37 weeks.
Jason phoned and text our SS yesterday and he told us about the delay with the materials - and said he was trying to get the cleaner there today (what - they have ONE cleaner too??) but he was "running out of days". No shit Sherlock. He told me LAST WEEK he was getting the place cleaned this week - why wasn't it organised then?
He also said he would be onsite at 10am today and would call us then. No call. Jason called him 3 times today - no answer or call back.
Not Happy Metricon.