Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Saturday surprise..

I took the opportunity  to go to the house today to see what the carpenter had achieved yesterday, and to have a last peek before I went away on Monday for a week..and was very pleasantly surprised, I dare say I may even have some words to eat!

It seems the tilers have been back and appear to have have done almost all they can do before a few small issues are corrected so they can finish up. They cant finish the powder room until the window is moved, or the kitchen until the gyprockers finish off around the window. I am so keen to see the mosaics (which are all separate and are laid individually!!) I chose for around the window laid.

There are still a few doors to be fixed, and skirtings and architraves to be finished (we are expecting a delivery on Monday of more materials and Corinthian need to supply a few more doors I believe) but it is really starting to come together.

Here are some pics - you may notice a bit of a "Wheres Wally" theme throughout..


The study complete with architraves. We are having ground floor skirting left off in preparation for our bamboo flooring and will have it fitted after handover ourselves.




Stacked stone feature tile I have been STRESSING about! I was SO worried the colour wouldn't look right but in the flesh it actually blends really well :)




Master CJ inspecting his very expensive feature tile!




Bathroom - So happy with how this room is coming together - and its the one I have worried about the most!





Bathroom shower area - also really happy with those wall tiles. And I LOVE that the tilers matched up the grout lines of the wall and floor tiles in the shower!!












Ensuite - tiling almost complete.






Ensuite feature tile - subtle but I LOVE them! These are on the wall behind the vanity.



Looking forward to our sinks arriving!




Tiles now grouted in laundry





Love these feature doors - they will be stained to match the sliders in the living area, and the front door. Note imp exploring at fast pace on the right ;)




Exploring his new habitat.
That window without architrave? Its the one I mentioned yesterday that needs to be moved - oops. It needs to come a little to the left.





Looking toward front door. CJ dancing up a storm while exploring.




LOVE these tiles :) Same feature door as laundry to go in here.






























Well thats it from me - next post may well be from (hopefully) sunny Bali!

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. The tiles look gorgeous! I can't wait to see how everything turns out! Have a wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiling looks wonderful, did you have to pay extra to have more area added? I wished we'd gone higher in some areas.

    Your ceilings are SO high, they look great!

    Have a lovely time in Bali, im very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy tiles - don't grout lines cause a lot of grief, excellent job by tiler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kellie - not too long now :) You have a great weekend too!

    Hi Cassandra - exciting times for you guys - all the best this week! Yes, we paid extra to have the tiling go up to 2100 in the powder room and the bathroom (the laundry wall opposite the bench will only have a skirting tile, wishing I got it tiled now!) - from memory it wasn't all that expensive? Its easily done after handover though I guess if its something I really want later.

    Thanks Deb - very happy with the tilers work so far - the trickiest ones are yet to come so we will see how they fare with those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love...
    The feature tile
    chocolate and white as a combo
    CJ busting a move - too cute!!

    Hope u have a brilliant time sunning it up in beautiful Bali :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shayne, Congrats on building your home! I just saw your comments on my blog (the one with the photos of the laguna). Sorry I haven't posted sooner as I have been off the computer for a while but I'm back now. I love that your posting so much detail about your house and I look forward to following your building adventure. I hope you check back on my site for info about my photos (yes they are my photos :)

    ReplyDelete